Thursday, January 19, 2012

Introduction

2011 was filled with many, many wonderful things.


I was blessed with becoming pregnant with my second daughter, my husband was named Coach of the Year, I was able to work with wonderful clients and vendors, and at the end of the year, I gave birth to my 2nd daughter, Cora. 


During the course of the year, I also thought about changing my business name.  I have thought about this for the last couple years, but never acted on it.  I decided that 2011 was the year to really do it!  I wanted to convey, through my company, what I am all about and what is most important to me, and Something Classic Events just didn't make the cut.


So I began searching, really soul searching, for a name that would suite me.  Where I ended up was thinking about when I planned my wedding. 


When I first met my husband, I didn't think he would be the one that I would marry.  He listened to music that was not my style, had longer hair than I did (that's a story for another time), and wore a purple hat that I detested.  We went on our first date in December of 2002, right before Winter Break in college and that was the beginning.  We spoke on the phone many times during break and I began to fall for the person he was, not just the way he looked.  When I returned home, and really ever since then, it has been about him and me.  We spent every day together, we went to weddings, we went on trips together, we were inseparable.  We broke up for 1 month after we had been dating for 2 years and it was devastating.  Not only did I miss him, I missed his family.  We had all become so entwined in each other's lives that I wasn't sure what I was going to do.  We got back together, and a year later he proposed then 10 months after that we were married. 


One of the most important things to me on my wedding day was to make it about family.  Not only were we becoming a family, we were joining our families together.  We wanted to day to not only be about us, but about our families as well.  We were married on a Wednesday because we wanted to make sure our family from Pennsylvania could be a part of our day, so that meant waiting until the end of June.  All of the Fridays and Saturdays were booked, so we opted to get married on a Wednesday.  One of the colors of our wedding was pink.  This was my husband's grandmother's favorite color.  She died while we were dating and she made a HUGE impact on his life.  There are other things we did, but I won't bore you with what we decided to do.  Bottom line, it was very important for us to make this day about joining our family.


So, now that I knew what was important to me, I wanted to bring that to my business.  Couples, families, brides and grooms...it is about bringing it all together.  About making these individual families into one large extended family.  About joining these families together in a real way.  About joining two people together in front of all the special people in their lives.  On top of ALL of that, couples are trying to plan their wedding. Trying to find vendors that match their vision.  Trying to make sure all of the little details are taken care of.  Trying to make it all come together.


I will be debuting the new site on Friday, January 27, 2012!!  Each day I will be giving you a sneak peek of the design!


Today, instead of a sneak peek, I am announcing a giveaway!  Each year I have been open I have done some sort of giveaway.  I know that there are budget constraints and limitations associated with each wedding, so this is my way of helping alleviate that.


Here's the nitty gritty:
  • About the prize
    • Month of Package - meeting 6-8 weeks before the wedding to go over details of your wedding, attend walkthrough/final planning meeting, creation of timelines, confirmation of vendors, rehearsal coordination, and 8 hours on your wedding day.
  • How to Enter
    • You must write a max of 100-word essay on why you want/need the Month of Planning
    • Email your entry to danielle.odil@somethingclassicevents.com
    • You must include the following:
      • Bride's and Groom's first and last name
      • Email address
      • Phone number
      • Date of your wedding
      • Ceremony location
      • Reception location
      • Expected guest count
      • Vendors you've already selected (photographer, videographer, DJ/band, caterer, florist, etc)
  • The Fine Print
    • This is open nationwide. Weddings located within a 75 mile radius of Denver do not require a travel fee or hotel stay.  If the winner is located outside of this radius, travel expenses may apply.
    • Approximate value is $1100
    • There are some blackout weekends.
    • Weddings must occur in 2012.
    • Not open to current clients or clients that have already inquired about services.
    • Winner will be chosen at random and will be notified by email, then announced on this blog.
    • One entry per couple.
    • Deadline to enter is Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 12:00pm (MST).
Good Luck!!

3 comments:

  1. I am Not a Bride...been married over 30 years but your story is wonderful. I wish you great success with this new branding.
    I love the name and love learning about you!
    Blessings,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have randomly selected a winner and they have been notified by email. We are waiting for a response before we post the winner. So if you entered, please check your email, as well as your junk folder (sometimes our emails end up there), we are anxious to work with you!!!

    ReplyDelete